Thursday, January 10, 2008

An Explanation - (Not Part of The Story)




I wrote this story because a friend asked me to write a story for her. I do not have a complete story ready (in fact, the story was created on the spot) so I’m writing it as I go along. The idea of using ghosts to tell the story came about from the theme of ‘ghost’ that I used to unite my blogs. And I wanted to write a love story. Other than that, I’ve no idea where the story will lead to or how it will end or if I’ll even manage to end it (she will kill me if I don’t). It may take 6 months or a year to complete the story but I cannot write faster. Every 2 weeks (if I can manage) when I sit down, I take the story from where I left it and continue but try to ensure it has continuity.


The Fisherman ghost just returned. So may the moonlight ghost or the railway ghost but I’m not sure if and when. You may think it strange that since I’m the one writing, how can I not be sure? But in a way, the story is writing itself. For every time I sit down, depending on the mood or what happened recently or what memories I recalled, the direction dictated by the ghosts are determined by them not me. This much I know. There will be more ghosts to be introduced. For I don’t think the tales can be told without them. They will reveal themselves to me when the time is right.


How this all can come together into a coherent story is a challenge and sometimes when the juice is not flowing, I think I’ve bitten off more than I can chew. Those who stumbled on this site and who are equally insane to want to continue reading, you should start from the first post – “The Ghosts & I” or you’ll never make head or tail of what is going on. I’m writing this story to fulfill a pledge as much to myself as the one I’m writing this story for. I’m not looking for readers for this blog – try my other blogs where I welcome readers. But if you want to continue on this dubious journey, maybe you as mad as me and as mad as the narrator/narrators of the story. Maybe you believe in ghosts.


No comments: